Whoa! If you are looking for a very filling chicken meal, this is it! I made this with 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Our family of 6 had supper as well as 2 lunch meals from that one meal!
It’s Trim Healthy Mama friendly too! We’ll be having this again soon!
Hope you like it as much as we do!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1- 8oz block cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Bacon- thick sliced works well, about 20 slices, depending upon their size
- Butterfly the chicken breasts (slice in half length-wise, but do not cut in two, leave it intact at one edge- open like a book, then cover with plastic wrap and carefully pound thinner with a meat tenderizer, using the flat edge. Take care not to create any holes).
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt, and spinach.
- Sprinkle the open chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the chicken breast, take care to not overfill. Add chopped spinach on top of cheese.
- Roll the chicken breast as tightly as possible.
- Set aside.
- Lay bacon strips out on board to form a "sheet" of bacon- basically, lay strips of bacon overlapping each other. The bacon "sheet" should be large enough to cover the chicken breast.
- Once the bacon is ready, place the filled and rolled chicken breast onto the bacon and roll carefully.
- Heat a skillet and sear the bottom of the bacon well. The bacon under the chicken breast will not crisp in the oven, making this step necessary. Do each breast one at a time.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set the seared bacon covered chicken breast onto the baking sheet, with the seared side down. Once all 4 breasts have been seared and placed on baking sheet, bake at 375* for 30 minutes or so. If the bacon is not crisp enough, broil for a few minutes, keeping a watchful eye on it.
- Slice into 5-6 slices, serve, and enjoy!
Linking up at Gwen’s Nest