One of our favorite meals is stir fry. I used to use a bottled sauce, but quick using that due to both cost and ingredients. Since we began eating a more THM friendly diet, I have had to learn to make a new sauce. We’ve had this sauce several times and I think it’s share-worthy now.
This sauce works for any protein type. We’ve had it with chicken breasts, chicken thighs, hamburger, and pork. Our favorite is the hamburger stir fry, but they are all yummy!
We have this over rice or alone. Both ways are tasty.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Bragg's Amino Acids (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 ts stevia
- 1 ts xantham gum
- 1/8 ts allspice
- 1/8 ts seasoned salt
- 1/4 ts garlic powder
- 1/4 ts onion powder
- 1/8 ts Kick'n Chicken seasoning
- 1/8 ts black pepper
- Pour all ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine.
- Let sit 5 minutes or so to allow the xantham gum to thicken the sauce.
While the sauce is sitting, chop up the meat and veggies for the stir fry dish. I make our stir fry using:
- 2 ts olive oil
- 1 whole zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 can bean sprouts
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup water
- Stir Fry sauce
- Meat- normally 1-2 pounds of hamburger, chicken, or pork. You can also make this dish meat-free as the bulk of veggies is quite satisfying as well!
- Heat the pan or wok on medium high heat.
- Once hot, add oil, then meat. (if omitting meat, simply skip this step)
- Once meat is cooked through, add veggies.
- Add water, cover with lid to allow veggies to steam.
- Once veggies are soft, stir mixture, add sauce, stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Linking this up at Gwen’s Nest THM link-up.