In an effort to make some dishes easier, I came up with this one skillet lasagna. You do have to dirty a pot to boil the bowtie noodles, but the rest of the dish is all in one skillet.
- 1- 12oz box bowtie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef, optional (can make this dish vegetarian simply by leaving this out)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 ts garlic powder
- 2 ts Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided in half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of parsley
- Heat large pot of water, salt liberally, boil pasta, set aside.
- Brown ground beef (if using). Add 1 ts each of garlic powder and Italian seasoning, along with a dash of salt and pepper.
- While meat is cooking, combine 1/2 of mozzarella cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Once meat is browned, add olive oil (unless excess fat remains from meat. I use our own grass-fed ground beef, so there is not much fat left over from frying).
- Add spaghetti sauce, heat through on medium heat.
- Turn heat off.
- Add cheese mixture, stir lightly.
- Add bowtie pasta, stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover to melt cheeses.
If you are taking this dish to a potluck, I’d recommend under cooking the pasta a bit and add a bit more sauce. This way, the pasta will cook a bit more with the extra sauce.