welcome to the eighth installment in this series, 31 days to encourage your older children!
Teaching our children well encompasses many areas of life. Money ranks pretty high up there in order of importance.
We are not a wealthy family when it comes to money. We are wealthy in many areas, but money not so much.
Here are some lessons we taught our children in an effort to encourage them to be prudent with their money:
1. Look for the blessings. Yes, there will always be something more than you want, but focus on what you already have first.
2. A dollar earned is worth more than a dollar given. When you work for something, rather than it being handed to you, you appreciate it oh so much more.
3. Working for a living is a good character builder.
4. Seeking used items before purchasing new is most always a better way.
5. Look for ways to reuse what you already have. This is a great mindset, that will benefit your child throughout his life.