Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 TB ketchup
- 2 TB beef soup base
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 TB cold water
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1-16oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
- Mashed potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Brown ground beef in skillet.
- Add chopped onion and bell pepper, cook until both are soft.
- Add ketchup and beef soup base.
- Add warm water.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch.
- Once sauce is bubbling, stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Allow to come back to boil, to thicken.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables, heat through.
- Pour meat and vegetable mixture into greased 9X13 pan.
- Dollop mashed potatoes over top.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or so.
- Place under broiler for a few minutes to crisp topping.
I hope you enjoy my recipes!